This will be a two day master course that will cover both of the topics of botulinum toxin and dermal fillers in depth along with a hands on workshop to enable physicians to start practicing cosmetic dermatology.
Day 1--Botulinum Toxin (Botox)
- History and Overview of Botox
- Handling and reconstitution
- Detailed Facial Anatomy review
- FDA approved indications and off label uses
- Dosing guidelines and techniques for medical conditions: Hyperhidrosis (Axillary), Migraine headaches and Bruxism
- Proper injection techniques
- Contraindications and potential side effects
- Clinical pearls on how to minimize complications and get the best and most successful outcomes
Day 2--Dermal Fillers
- History & review of Dermal Fillers
- Comparison of different commercial fillers
- Detailed focus on facial anatomy
- Selection of the appropriate filler for the specific desired Aesthetic correction
- Proper techniques for different fillers
- Needle vs Cannula Technique reviewed
- Clinical jewels and pearls of wisdom in order to enhance and optimize successful outcomes
- Contraindications and potential complications
- How to avoid or minimize complications
- What to do if complications arise
The course is divided into a didactic portion and a live observation/hands-on portion. Participants will gain insight into the proper dosing and appropriate injection technique. Particular emphasis is placed on teaching course attendees on avoiding complications and side effects. Providers should be comfortable to inject their own patients upon returning to their offices.
We will discuss pricing and how to market your practice with the newly learned procedure.
The course is divided into a didactic portion and a live observation/hands on workshop. Participants will get the opportunity to perform hands-on injection of the dermal fillers. Special emphasis will be stressed on appropriate technique and avoiding complications.
Pricing and marketing will be discussed regarding dermal fillers.